Designed by Elizabeth Hargrave | Art by Natalia Rojas, Ana Maria Martinez Jaramillo, and Beth Sobel
Wingspan is a competitive, medium-weight, card-driven, engine-building board game.
1-5 players | 40-70 minutes | ages 10+
Wingspan is a competitive, medium-weight, card-driven, engine-building board game from designer Elizabeth Hargrave and Stonemaier Games. It is the winner of the prestigious 2019 Kennerspiel des Jahres award.
You are bird enthusiasts—researchers, bird watchers, ornithologists, and collectors—seeking to discover and attract the best birds to your network of wildlife preserves. Each bird extends a chain of powerful combinations in one of your habitats (actions). These habitats focus on several key aspects of growth:
- Gain food tokens via custom dice in a birdfeeder dice tower
- Lay eggs using egg miniatures in a variety of colors
- Draw from hundreds of unique bird cards and play them
The winner is the player with the most points after 4 rounds.
- 170 unique bird cards (57x87mm)
- 26 bonus cards (57x87mm)
- 16 Automa cards (57x87mm)
- 103 food tokens
- 75 egg miniatures
- 5 custom wooden dice
- 5 player mats
- 1 birdfeeder dice tower
- 2-piece Game Trayz custom tray
- 1 goal mat
- 8 goal tiles
- 1 first-player token
- 40 action cubes (8 per player)
- 1 scorepad (50 sheets; 1 sheet used for all players each game)
- 3 rulebooks