King of the Dice
Playing Time: 20-30 Minutes
You‘re finally a king! All your dreams have been fulfilled. You sit content in your castle and look out over your wonderful kingdom. Green meadows, rolling fields, high mountains and clear rivers stretch as far as your eyes can see... but one thing is missing from your kingdom: citizens! So you announce the merits of the kingdom all over the country – in the rich cities, to the crazy gnomes in their workshops, to the dwarves in their deep mines, and also to the orcs, fairies and the sorcerer‘s apprentices. But the citizens aren't easily convinced; after all there are also other kings trying to win them over. That‘s why you need skill and luck with the dice to entice the best citizens to your kingdom. But watch out for scoundrels and dragons. Otherwise your thriving kingdom will soon be a wretched wasteland, and you‘ll have to watch as someone else is crowned King of the Dice.
- Lay out location cards, citizen cards, and penalty cards as described.
- Turn over 5 citizen cards and place them below the location cards.
- Each move consists of 3 steps: Roll the dice (a maximum of three times; lay aside
- any number of dice if necessary)
- Convince new citizens and find a new location if necessary (Dice score corresponds to a citizen card)
- or discard last face-up citizen card and take a penalty card (dice score does not correspond to
- any citizen card)
- Fill up the row of cards (Lay out new citizen cards from the deck).
- The game ends when a deck of “citizen cards,” “penalty cards,” or any deck of “location cards” is used up.
- Add up victory and minus points. The player who has collected the most victory points wins the game.
Includes:6 dice, 65 game cards (15 village cards, 10 penalty cards and 40 citizen cards), 1 set of instructions